Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ending Global Poverty

My selfish side wants to post about wedding stuff and how tired I am and excited to be getting married on Saturday. But today is a very special day for my church community and my pastor Eugene Cho. Not only is this his birthday, but today he and his family are launching their new nonprofit One Day's Wages. This has been a long time coming, from vision to early planning to final preparations for the launch today. It's been great to be a part of it in some small way, and to finally see the fruit of all the hard work that has been put into it.

Take a look around the site, calculate your one day's wages, make a donation. Jer and I are proud to partner with Eugene and Minhee, and everyone else who is supporting the cause of ending global poverty. This is something we can and should make a priority in our lives, both as Christians and as citizens of this world.

No comments: