Friday, October 23, 2009

Bridesmaids

Last night was my bachelorette party. It was a fabulous relaxing evening of pampering and good food, good drinks, and excellent company.

I have seven bridesmaids. One is unfortunately locked away in a hostel in Ireland, so only six will be at the wedding. Those six were together in the same room last night for the very first time. It was amazing to look around and this group of girls, recognizing what they mean to me, and yet how different they all are. They represent many years of friendships, many stages of my life, many facets of my personality. You can read more about each one here.

I'm glad to have such a diverse group of friends. I consider myself a pretty complex person, and each one of them draws out a different side of me. They have been with me through growing up years, times of joy and times of sadness, times of struggle and times of fun. They make me more myself. I am very very blessed.

It will be awesome to have them all up there with me tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I'm getting married tomorrow!!!

No comments: