66 days. It seems like forever and it seems like tomorrow. I want to be married NOW, but I also have a lot to do to make the wedding happen!
People keep telling me I have a lot done, but I still feel that there is a ton to do. But as I mentioned before, I don't like having a list hanging over my head, so until everything is done, I won't feel completely at ease. Still, I have made a lot of progress:
Checked off list:
- dress purchased
- location for ceremony and reception reserved
- tuxes chosen
- bridesmaid dresses chosen and ordered
- pastor confirmed
- photographer chosen
- chef friend agreed to do food
- engagement party planned
- rehearsal dinner planned
- invitations ordered
- stores chosen for registry
Still needs work:
- guest list almost done-missing some addresses
- dress alterations (want to lose some weight first!)
- actually registering-going shopping this weekend!
- decide on menu for reception
- recruited friends to help with decorating, but no details decided on
- fabulous processional music being composed by wonderful family friend
- still short a groomsman!
Completely not done and a source of possible stress:
- invitations not mailed-and need to be mailed by Aug 24th, a mere four days after they arrive at my door (if UPS is on time)
- florist not chosen (although I know what colors and types of flowers I want)
- cake (still waiting to hear if a friend can help with it)
- premarital counseling
- Jer's ring (we've gone and looked once, but have made no decisions)
- reception music (to DJ or not to DJ, that is the question)
- wedding program (both the flow of service and the actual paper thing to be handed out)
And of course, there are all the things that I have probably not even thought of and need to have on the list. Oof. But hey, it will all be worth it. The important things are done-we have a place, a pastor, and each other. No matter what happens, in 66 days I will be getting married, whether there are flowers or not!