Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ending on a Good Note

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I felt normal.

With all the life changes, moving and reorganizing, figuring out married life, travel, and insane medical issues overshadowing everything, normal was an unexpected and welcome blessing. I wasn't exhausted or in pain when I woke up, my day at work was quiet yet productive, I walked around downtown running errands without getting winded, I even worked out for the first time in forever, and made a fabulous new recipe for dinner. And then I baked bread, which we all know is one of my favorite things to do (although my sourdough still doesn't taste very sour. We'll give it time). All in all, a great day.

So we end 2009, the biggest year of my life, on a positive note. Today I get to see the Kiwi for the first time in almost six months, and then I go home and spend the evening with my husband, relaxing, enjoying each other, and dreaming for the future. All without feeling like my skin is about to disintegrate. Sounds fabulous to me.

Talk to you next year!

No comments: